Monday, August 18, 2014

8-18-14 They Did A Meet And Greet

Monday, August 18th
...at 7:40 a.m. I hear L pod calls on the Lime Kiln hydrophones...bolting out the door to the park...I get there but no whales in sight...down island I travel to find them among the fishing boats...
...a while later I hear K pod calls...out on Maya's Westside Charters for a late morning trip we meet the whales near Lime Kiln Pt. State Park...lots of K and L pod whales I could see...I wondered about Group B of J pod...and then I saw one of the J Pod Group B kids goofing around with someone...




...later in the day, Group A, who didn't make it down last night, was now getting close to Lime Kiln...it was somewhere around 6:00 pm when I watched as they passed by...


...it was quite special to watch from afar as they lined up and met their friends...not wild and full of action...
...this greeting was was quiet, peaceful and respectful of one another...
...just plain magical... 
(I took some video of it, from way in the distance, but too busy to get it posted right now.)

No comments: