Sunday, October 19, 2014

10-19-14 The Morning Warning Sky

Sunday, October 19, 2014
...the sky was 'full of warning' this morning...
...this boat seemed to be full of warning too...luckily it was just blowing a lot of smoke...it stopped within seconds...
...it was a busy Haro Strait...
...it looked almost like smoke again...
...some humpbacks were close and others way in the distance...we saw several...
...and since we were near Race Rocks...we just had to make a visit...


...way off in the distance is Race Rocks lighthouse...

...on the way back, in Haro Strait, another humpback...


...no killer whales today...but I heard there were five humpbacks to the north a few miles. 
...today I got my new 2014 Center for Whale Research Humpback ID Guide...and some of those unknowns, that I have images of but not a clue who they are, now have numbers to attach to them...and I like to know just who it is I'm seeing!

...and luckily that 'warning sky' this morning evolved into another gorgeous day.
...if you're not familiar with it - here's how I know it:
Red sky in morning, sailor take warning.
Red sky at night, sailor delight.

No comments: