Friday, May 15, 2015

5-15-15 Part 2-Just Who Else Was Here?

Part 2 from Friday, May 15th
...after leaving the T65As we headed up to see Chainsaw T63, T65, and T65B and her offspring T65B1...
...and then, during one surfacing there were more whales than we had thought...oh, the excitement set in...now we had to know just who else was here...
...we were now 'on a mission!'...when other whales just 'magically appear' it's totally exciting to me...I think the folks on the boat thought I was nuts...

...I figured I would have to wait until later to ID those others - there were three additional whales...
...then one surfaced coming toward us...I could see her lumps - It's T90!

...the whales were in travel mode today...this is the first time I've seen Chainsaw and the T90s this year...

T65, T65B and T65B1 were here too...and now there were 7 whales...
...T65B looks closer to T90 than she really is...they are very wide around the middle, so two whales, well just imagine what that span might be...
...that eye patch belongs to T65B1...

...and then I wondered if any more would show up...they didn't show up for us, but I learned from Dave Ellifrit of the Center for Whale Research that another whale met up with them a few miles up ahead...read CWR's encounter post from today to find out just who it was...

...and Thanks to Mike and his 'lucky penny' we had whales today :) !! 

No comments: