Monday, June 13, 2016

6-13-16 Whales In Town? - WOW!

Monday, June 13th

...last Friday, after having been 'down and out' for several days with a dental issue, I went to town...I knew the mural was started on the outside of The Whale Museum and I was hoping to get a look at the beginning of it...
...I came around the corner between the King's Market parking lot and the Fire Station and stopped in the middle of the street...WOW!
...zooming in...
...the whales have a way of 'interrupting' my plans...and this time I was planning to come in to town early each morning and photograph the progress of the mural...no clue why...it's amazing to think that the artist, Lindsay Carron, was going to complete this in under 5 days...
...and the whales did 'interrupt' my plan by waking me up at 5:20 the next morning (go back to that post 6-5-16)...
...my next time to town the mural was complete...I snapped a few images...
...if you know my posts you know how I like to take pictures of the whales through the trees...well, there they were!

...look at those salmon and forage fish...
...
...and who did this amazing creation...and see who she did it for...
...it's a must see when you are in Friday Harbor...don't miss it...absolutely stunning!

...looking at the mural is a reminder as to what the Southern Residents need to survive - salmon and preferably Chinook salmon.
 
 
 
 

No comments: