Wednesday, August 24, 2016

8-24-16 When Least Expected

Wednesday, August 24th  (I am writing this on 8-29)
...it happens all the time when least expected...sometimes it's something good and other times it just causes you to just stop...
...it's been that way since learning of Samish J-14 missing...
...I knew something wasn't right when I posted in early August...where was she?...already missing...

...Samish J-14 has always been a strong, steady, mother...
...present with her offspring every time Granny's group was here...

...there was no indication to me of anything being a-miss, until I kept not being able to find her in images when the rest of her family members were there...

...Riptide J-30, her oldest male offspring, did not return in 2012...it was so very sad for him to have died before he was 17 years old.
...and now his mother, missing (as stated by the Center for Whale Research), at the age of 42...

...What is happening to this community of orcas? 
...Why?
...I don't understand.
...I only hurt, as I know many others do as well.


...she is such a beautiful orca...with a classic dorsal fin and bright white saddle patches.
...she is the mother of the first baby orca I ever discovered, Se-Yi-Chn J-45.
...she is a steady mother to her kids.

...when I saw Lea K-14 this evening (8-29) as the whales passed by, Lea was traveling alone...she is always with her family...
...for a moment it gave me a glimmer of hope that just maybe, just maybe, Samish would show up. 
 

No comments: