Friday, March 9, 2018

3-9-18 - T2Cs on the West Side Today

Friday, March 9th
...after seeing the T2Cs on March 7th (see prior post)...
...there was no word yesterday, as far as I know, of the T2Cs...
...there were other Ts here and there, but none close by...

...this afternoon I got a call of whales coming up near Lime Kiln Park, but I was at home...if I drove to the park I would likely have missed them if they were coming up island...
...hmmmm...
...so I waited, and I waited...
...then I learned they were coming up island...
...so I continued waiting...
...by now I began to wonder if it was the T2Cs, because they move very slowly...

...I get a call from Dave and the Center for Whale Research...neither of us had seen them yet...
...as we were talking, he spotted them coming into view at a point to the south of both of our locations...

...and here they came...very slowly...

...it is always special to see them...

Last year they were around the San Juans for several days before going back to the north...I guess we'll find out what this year they have planned.

No comments: