Tuesday, April 3, 2018

4-3-18 J Pod, Ts, Eagles and Geese

Tuesday, April 3rd

...what a wild day...it began with the T2Cs passing by where I live...

...that was about 10 a.m...today they were completely quiet over the hydrophones...
...it wasn't long before I learned that J Pod was coming down!
...I went to County Park to wait and watch...and look at what I saw!

...a great distraction but now it was back to watching for the whales...looked like they were spread across...or better said, a few on this side and the rest on the far side of the strait...
...one was moving down island at a good pace...off to Lime Kiln...
...there were not many who came by...actually only Shachi J-19 passed by in front of the lighthouse...

...these other three surprised me...they were not seen the other day when J Pod came in, so this was a great 'find'...of course, I didn't know that until I looked at my images later...thank goodness for long lens!
...I had been assuming it was Shachi's offspring, Eclipse J-41 and her offspring, Nova J-51, but that's what assumptions will do sometimes - prove you wrong...


...the rest were too many miles offshore to even see them...it still felt like winter so home it was to look at my images so I could discover the J16s (!)...and to make cookies so the house would warm up! 

...oh, and in the middle of it all two adult males, who have been traveling together, T49A1 and T124C were seen from the ferry that came across between Friday Harbor and Vancouver Island...

 

No comments: